ePrestasi - Integrated Assessment for Education Services Officers (PBPPP)
ePrestasi is one of the MOE applications under the Teachers Information System. Previously, teachers were assessed using the Annual Performance Evaluation Reporting System (LNPT). Now they will be assessed using the Integrated Assessment for Education Services Officer (PBPPP) which has been fully implemented since 2016.
This new assessment is based on the concept of Job and Work Place, according to the established performance standards in line with the Government Transformation Program (GTP 2.0) and the Malaysian Education Development Plan (PPPM) 2013 -2025, namely Shift 4 (Transforming the Teaching Profession into the Profession of Choice) and Shift 5 (Ensuring High Performance Leadership is available at Every School).
The implementation of PBPPP is compulsory because PBPPP has impact and implications on the services of each PPP with regard to promotion, career advancement and others.
This assessment also takes into account the assessment of competence and evaluation of success. Competency assessment (penilaian kompetensi) comprises professional value, activity management, contribution and PDP professional skills, whereas evaluation of success (keberhasilan) include PDP success, counselling success and coaching success. However, it is all dependent on the different lines of work.
PBPPP focuses on the following elements:
- To improve efficiency and commitment to produce high performance Education Service Officers.
- To provide a comprehensive assessment that combines the competencies, potentials and achievements of teachers.
- To support aspirations towards high quality education
- To assess the competence and potential of the personnel.
- To assess the work achievements of the employee assessed.
- To identify the competence and potential of the assessed officers to enable the development of professionalism to continue to be implemented.
- To identify the needs for career path development.
The implementation of PBPPP is compulsory as it also gives an implication to services such as promotion, career advancement and so on.
Prior to the assessment, the assessor should ensure that the following has been established:
Establishment of Committee
Implementation Checklist for the Integrated Assessment of Education Service Officers:
- Ensure PBPPP management files are provided.
- Ensure the adoption of PBPPP Implementation Directive Letter from the KSU.
- Establish a PBPPP Committee for the organization.
- Ensure appointment of the Committee is registered in the ePrestasi system.
- Send the appointment letter of the Organization’s Committee for endorsement by the supervisory body in ePrestasi.
- Ensure the Committee is endorsed by the overseeing organization in ePrestasi.
- Print the List of names of the Organization’s Committee from the ePrestasi system to be inserted in the file.
- Confirm and distribute the Committee list to PBPPP committee.
- Conduct the Organization’s Committee Meeting.
- Determine the PP for each PYD.
- Ensure the arrangement and appointment of PP1 and PP2 are registered
- Ensure that the appointment of PP1 and PP2 is endorsed by the overseeing organization.
- Print, validate and distribute PP lists.
- Inform the PYD of the PP's appointment.
- Assessment timetable.
- Proof that PP has PBPPP instruments, Instruments Guideline, Assessment Officer’s Guideline, Achievement Component Guideline.
The performance level of a PYD in PBPPP is divided into four categories, namely Excellent, High, Moderate, Low.
- Excellent (90 – 100%)
- High (80 – 89.99%)
- Moderate (60 – 79.99%)
- Low (0 – 59.99%)
The ePrestasi System
This system can only be accessed by the Committee Members and PP. However, resources and materials related to PBPPP can be downloaded from the website.
Setting the Assessment Officer (PP) for New Teachers (PYD)
The appointed Committee Member needs to log in to the system and set the PP for new teachers. Once logged in, choose the icon for New Teacher’s Assessment (Penilaian Guru Baharu) and the list of new teachers will be displayed.
Click to set the PP (Penetapan Pegawai Penilai (PP)) and set PP1 and PP2, and Save.
The appointed PP1 or PP2 logs in to the system and clicks the respective icon as below.
Click on the Identification Card Number of the PYD.
The PBPPP marks form will be displayed for assessment. Ensure that the name of the PYD and assessor is correct.
The marks for Achievement Marks that are Over Target (%) can only be filled out by PP1 once PP1 and PP2 does the marks adjustment. Once done, click to save the assessment (Simpan Penilaian). Once the marks are finalized, click to Send (Hantar).
A ‘Sent’ message will appear once assessment is complete.
Flexibility is given to the organization to conduct continuous assessment in a one year period according to the calendar provided by the MOE. Assessment through the ePrestasi system needs to be conducted twice a year.
Throughout the one year period of assessment, there are 3 phases of assessment, namely pre-assessment, during assessment and post-assessment.
- Receive the PBPPP implementation calendar for the current year.
- PBPPP implementation briefing at the organization’s level.
- Appointment and confirmation of the PBPPP Committee at the organization’s level.
- Appointment and confirmation of PP.
- Planning of assessment timetable at the organization’s level.
- PP1 and PP2 hold discussion with PYD to determine achievement targets.
- PP1 and PP2 conduct continuous assessment of PYD.
- PP1 and PP2 conduct assessment through e-Prestasi system twice a year.
- PP holds discussions with PYD regarding his or her current achievements and provides guidance to improve the PYD’s performance in his or her work.
- PP1, PP2 and PYD reviews the achievement component after the first assessment.
- PP fills out, saves and sends PYD’s scores online through the ePrestasi system. PP makes a copy of the score form and gives a copy to the PYD for each assessment conducted.
- The organization’s PBPPP committee needs to monitor the implementation of PBPPP in their respective organizations to ensure it is implemented according to the timetable provided.
- The organization’s PBPPP Committee must meet to make adjustments for score differences of more than 10 between PP1 and PP2.
- The Committee must submit a finalized PYD score through the https://eprestasi.moe.gov.my website.
- The PYD can obtain (access) PBPPP performance marks for the year of assessment through the HRMIS System
To check PBPPP Results
- Log in to HRMIS Online
- Click on Performance Assessment Report (Laporan Penilaian Prestasi) in the Performance Management (Pengurusan Prestasi) section
- Click Function (Fungsi) > Performance Assessment (Penilaian prestasi) > Officer Assessed (Pegawai yang dinilai)
- Click on PBPPP Results Slip (Slip Keputusan PBPPP). Print Results Slip.
The above steps can be used to check PPP scores. If the scores are given does not match the work that has been done, the teachers can ask the administrator the reason why a low score was given.